- Posted on April 25th, 2023
Applications Open: CCL Australia 2023
Applications are now open for Creative Climate Leadership (CCL) – a programme that empowers artists and cultural professionals to take action on the climate and ecological crisis with impact, creativity, and resilience. It has been designed to mobilise and connect a creative climate movement.
Our first ever CCL Australia 2023, is a Julie’s Bicycle partnership with the Australia Council for the Arts and British Council, and will be held from September 11 to 16 in Bundanon, New South Wales.
Respected Yorta Yorta Songwoman and Storyteller Ruth Langford has been announced as a co-facilitator. Ruth brings over twenty years’ experience across arts, environmental, social justice and youth work and will collaborate with the team from Julie’s Bicycle to design and deliver the programme.
“First Nations people from across the globe have understood that the sacred technologies of arts-based practice, including ways to connect to the intelligence of Country, can reveal impactful solutions. It is imperative that we care for and resource our courageous leaders in the arts who are navigating the Climate Crisis. I am delighted to be involved in such an incredibly positive programme.” – Ruth Langford
Applications close on Tuesday 6 June.
Find out more and apply
What is Creative Climate Leadership?
Creative Climate Leadership (CCL) empowers artists and cultural professionals to take action on the climate and ecological crisis with impact, creativity, and resilience. Participants will deepen their understanding of the climate and ecological crises, understand and develop the role of culture and creativity in responding to these challenges, and emerge with a toolbox of approaches and practical solutions for transformative action.
CCL Australia offers:
- An inspiring 5 day programme of leadership and peer-to-peer exchange for 24 talented and motivated participants living and working in Australia.
- A powerful opportunity to cross collaborate and develop creative ideas in a serene environment.
- An opportunity to develop and/or scale up cultural leadership on climate action and justice.
- An impressive network of international CCL alumni.
Who is it for?
CCL is for performing, visual, media, music, and other artists; cultural workers including producers, presenters, curators, administrators, funders, policy makers, and others who are ambitious and passionate about using their cultural and creative expertise in service to the ecological crisis and climate justice. All successful applicants will be expected to be active participants and share their knowledge, skills and experiences.
We are looking for people who:
- Recognise climate change as an urgent challenge, and are passionate and driven to enable change.
- Want to have an influence beyond their individual organisation/artistic practice.
- Have a vision for what they’d like to change and can demonstrate potential to make that change.
- Have the desire to advocate for the importance of culture in responding to this issue.
- Are interested in challenging conventional ideas about leadership.
All applicants must be based in and/or working in Australia.
Find out more and apply
Creative Climate Leadership Benelux 2023: Participants Announced
We are pleased to share the full applicants list of who will be joining us for our first ever Creative Climate Leadership (CCL) programme in Benelux.