Image: Journey of the Private Moon in the Arctic Magdalena fjord, by Leonid Tishkov (2010).
Our international Creative Climate Leadership training courses will take place in the UK and Slovenia in 2017. They are facilitated by Julie’s Bicycle, a UK charity with almost ten years experience working on environmental issues in the cultural sector, and PiNA, a sustainable development NGO working in Slovenia and across the EU.
The next course will be:
8-14 October 2017 – Koper, Slovenia
Applications are open until Monday 31st July.
About the Creative Climate Leadership training course
The five-day intensive course will enable artists and cultural professionals to explore the cultural dimensions of climate change, and take action with impact, creativity and resilience.
The week will:
- Explore the role of culture and creativity in responding to climate change and environmental challenges;
- Bring together a range of expert guest speakers to share case studies, research, approaches and practical solutions for environmental sustainability in the cultural sector;
- Enable each participant to develop their leadership and ideas;
- Prepare participants to apply their learning and new skills when they return home, and support ongoing learning and exchange through an alumni network.
Who the course is for
The course is aimed at artists and cultural professionals and we welcome applications from all creative disciplines and art forms. We will also consider applicants from organisations that work directly with the cultural sector, such as networks, associations, funding bodies and policymakers.
We are looking for people who:
- Recognise climate change as an urgent challenge, and are passionate and driven to enable change.
- Want to have an influence beyond their individual organisation/artistic practice.
- Have a vision for what they’d like to change and can demonstrate potential to lead.
- Have the desire to advocate for and ability to articulate the importance of culture in responding to this issue.
- Are interested in challenging conventional ideas about leadership.
Participants will also have the opportunity to apply for a limited number of Creative Climate Leadership grants and mentoring opportunities after the training course, to seed and support ambitious action at a local level.
- Sunday 8th October 2017 – participants arrive at the venue in Koper, Slovenia
- Monday 9th to Friday 13th October 2017 – training course
- Saturday 14th October 2017 – departures
Language: The course will be conducted in English.
Location: The Creative Climate Leadership course will take place in the vicinity of Koper, Slovenia. Located along the Adriatic Coast, close to the Italian border, Koper is a commercial port town surrounded by Mediterranean hillsides, trees, and vegetation.
Cost: The course costs €750. This fee includes tuition, accommodation and food. Participants are expected to pay for their own travel.
Grants: There are a limited number of spaces available at €350. These are only open to employees of organisations with an annual turnover of less than €50,000 working in the fields of environment and culture. Participants paying this reduced rate are still expected to pay for their own travel.
There are a few free places and travel grants available for freelance (self-employed) applicants. Applicants should indicate on the application form whether they would like to be considered for this support.
If you are interested in applying for alternative travel grants, we recommend contacting these sources:
1. STEP Beyond grants from the European Cultural Foundation, available to applicants in EU countries and neighbouring countries.
2. Mobility First! grants from the Asia-Europe Foundation, available to applicants in Asia and Europe.
3. Mobility fund for Egyptian artists/cultural professionals by Mophradat.
4. Roberto Cimetta Fund, deadline for applications 30 June.
Check the mobility funding guides co-produced by On the Move for other opportunities.
Please fill out this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading [*YOUR NAME* CCL Application]
There are limited places available on this course.